Senior County League:
Division 6: Na Gaeil V Fossa in Killeen on Sunday July 4th at 2pm.
Division 2 : Na Gaeil V Glenbeigh/Glencar away on Sunday July 4th at 3pm.
County League Division 2 : Na Gaeil V Ballydonoghue in Killeen Sunday June 13th at 2pm.
County League Division 6: Na Gaeil V Spa on Saturday June 12th at 7.30pm in Spa, Killarney.
Na Gaeil Lotto Draw takes place every Tuesday evening at 7.30pm and is live streamed on our Facebook page. To buy a ticket go to www.nagaeil.ie and click on lotto.
The Club Lotto will be re-launched tonight (27th Apr) at 8:30pm. Watch a live feed from the club house on Facebook and on the home page of the club website (www.nagaeil.ie)
See here for instructions on how to play the club online lotto
Na Gaeil Re-launch Club Lottery On-Line
We are delighted to announce the re -launch of the Na Gaeil Club lottery which was suspended in March 2020 due to the Covid-19 Restrictions. We invite all of our club members which include officers, committee members, senior men's and ladies' teams, coaches, mentors, parents, former players and indeed people in the wider community to support the first draw of our re-launched lottery which will take place on Tuesday, April 27th. It is important to note that for the immediate future while Covid persists in our community, lotto sales will be totally electronic. To this end we are adding a facility to play lotto online through our website www.nagaeil.ie. Just log on to the website and click on the lotto icon to purchase your lottery ticket. Tickets can also be purchased through Klubfunder. This means that all Na Gaeil followers no matter what part of the world they live in can support the club by participating in our weekly on-line lotto.
We are very grateful to all that have supported our lottery in the past. For those supporters that have bought repeated entry tickets, please also note that we will be extending the end-date of these tickets by 60 weeks to compensate for the period where there were no draws. You can choose four numbers from 1 to 32. Tickets cost €2 each or you can buy three for €5. Also €50 will enter you in the draw for 26 weeks and €100 will buy you a yearly subscription. There will be five lucky dip draws for €20 for those entered each week that the jackpot is not won. The jackpot currently stands at €4,300. Full details of our re-launched lottery will be available on the Na Gaeil website.
Again we would encourage everybody involved with the club, supporters, their families and friends and of course, the wider community to support our club lottery, as it is a very important source of funding for the club's activities at all levels and grades. It is more vital than ever in the current climate as our usual fundraising initiatives have been severely restricted due to the current covid-19 Pandemic.
We are also developing a Na Gaeil Club smart phone app which will be available shortly for download from the Na Gaeil website. This will be a great way for our members and supporters to keep in touch with all of the club's activities and provide a paperless method of playing our club lotto. We will keep you informed about this. We look forward to your continued support and wish you the best of luck in our first lotto draw on April 27th.
Na Gaeil Coiste na nÓg AGM will take place virtually on this Thursday evening, February 4th at 8pm. If you wish to be part of this meeting please forward your email address to our secretary John Keating at john.keating @kerry.ie to ensure that you can log in on the night.
AGM As per GAA guidelines, Na Gaeil CLG will be holding its AGM virtually on Thursday January 28th at 8pm. We ask that if you are a Club Member and wish to be part of this AGM that you send your email address to our Club secretary Eamon Browne at the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday January 21st. We appreciate this is not ideal for some members but we ask that players and younger members assist their relatives and friends to join. Nominations for positions or motions will be accepted until January 8th. Also forward these to email@example.com Thanks to everyone who has contributed to keeping our club operating in 2020 and we look forward to seeing some new faces on our executive in 2021.
Clubhouse Bar The clubhouse bar will be open Friday next December 18th right through to Christmas Eve to all our members from 6.30pm to 11pm for food and drinks. Food purchase is a requirement and a time limit of 1hour 45 minutes applies as per guidelines. Please note that booking is essential and numbers are limited. Phone Jackie on 086 195 8586.
Our annual mass for members and deceased members will be streamed from St. Brendan's on Thursday 19th November at 7 30pm.
Our Race Night takes place on Friday 11/12/2020. All are asked to support by buying an advertisement or a horse. Please support and get all your friends to support.
We can't stop the virus, but together, we can slow it down.
Keep practicing the below and play your part by :
- Distance yourself 2 metres from people in shops, supermarkets & public transport
-Wear mask in crowded areas
- Stop shaking hands
- Avoid touching our eyes, nose or mouth
- Washing our hands regularly and practice cough and sneeze hygiene
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Work from home where possible
- If you feel you have any of the the following symptoms please self-isolate and contact your GP -
Sudden loss of sense of smell or taste
From this week:
- Open pitches for Adult training next Wednesday, 24 June.
- Open for Minor and below from Saturday, 27 June.
- Both of the above on a non-contact basis and on the understanding that players and all participants have completed the eLearning module and are following the control measures in place (health questionnaire etc).
- On the basis of a maximum of 15 players in a designated area of the field (26 Counties) and 10 players in a designated area of the field (6 Counties).
- Coaching numbers for underage teams to be consistent with Code of Behaviour.
From 29 June
- Allow contact training and challenge games for all from Monday, 29 June (26 Counties).
- We await guidance from the NI Executive in relation to Six Counties – non-contact training in the numbers outlined above in the interim.
- We also await clarification on what will constitute a close contact versus a casual contact.
- Restriction on participants only attending training sessions to be relaxed from June 29th – subject to government specified maximum of 200 people in the ground.
- Allow Club Fixtures from Friday 17 July.
- No change to inter-county dates (14 Sept for training; competitions to start on 17 Oct 17 as planned).
- All control measures for players, coaches and other team personnel (completion of health questionnaire, eLearning education etc) is to remain in place until advised otherwise; dressing rooms to remain closed until 20 July 20.
- The Advisory Committee is considering the position in relation to other GAA buildings (such as Club bars that are serving food, Gyms, Handball alleys etc). Guidance will be provided in this context before 29 June.
It was with regret and sadness that the Na Gaeil community learned of the death of Denis O'Dowd. Denis was one of our founder members who was elected Joint Treasurer at the inaugural meeting of the club. He was re elected to the position for the next five years. He was elected vice-chairperson in 1985 and chairperson, the fourth, in 1986. He followed the club closely and earlier this year attended both the club All Ireland Homecoming celebrations and the Victory Dinner. Ar dheis lámhDé go raibh a anam dílis.
The clubhouse is closed and all club activities both on and off the field have been suspended for the foreseeable future. If there are any further developments we will keep you informed. Stay safe.
Na Gaeil V Glenbeigh/Glencar game now on at 2.30pm in Killeen.
Congratulations to Na Gaeil Senior Team - All Ireland Junior Champions 2020 Na Gaeil Abú!
Bus to Croke Park leaving Na Gaeil on Saturday January 25th at 9.30am. Coming home directly after the game. Adults: €30 and children: €10. Bus must be pre - booked and paid for in advance. Enquiries at the clubhouse or contact any club officer.
Congratulations to Na Gaeil senior team on reaching the All Ireland Final after an epic encounter with Kilmaine of Mayo in Cusack Park, Ennis on Saturday. Well done. Na Gaeil Abú!
Bus to All Ireland Semi Final: Na Gaeil V Kilmaine on Saturday January 11th leaving clubhouse at 10.30am. Adults:€25(includes admission). U18's are free. Please come out and support the team as they bid to reach the All Irel;and Final in Croke Park.
Christmas Greetings We wish everybody involved in Na Gaeil Club, officers, coaches, mentors, players, parents, patrons and visitors to our club a very happy, holy and peaceful Christmas and a bright and prosperous New Year.
Congratulations to Na Gaeil Senior Team on their historic win in the Premier Junior Munster Final on Sunday.
Munster Final: Na Gaeil V Mullinahone in Mallow at 3.45pm on Sunday December 8th. Bus leaving Na Gaeil at 1.45pm. Please come and support.
Na Gaeil Race Night kicks off at 8.30pm on Saturday November 30th at 8.30pm. See you there.
Na Gaeil flags, car flags and children's wrist bands for sale in the clubhouse. Wear your club colours and support our senior team.
Munster Quarter Final: Na Gaeil V Michael Cusacks on Saturday November 23rd in Austin Stack Park at 1pm. Please come out and lend your support.
Na Gaeil V Kilshannig in Mallow at 1.30pm on Saturday Nonember 16th . Bus leaving Na Gaeil at 11.15am. Cost is €10 per person. Contact Seán at the clubhouse.
There will be a Hospice Coffee Morning in Na Gaeil Cubhouse on Thursday September 19th from 10am to 12noon. Please support this worthy cause.
Na Gaeil Bingo Committee celebrate its 9th birthday on Monday August 19th with complimentary tea/coffee and delicious refreshments for all its bingo patrons from 7pm.